Christ was born, a human, to live a life in obedience to God so that His sacrifice as the “Lamb of God” (John 1:29, 36) could rescue us from the curse we inherit as fallen descendants of Adam.
Often it is best to simply allow the Bible to speak for itself”
- . . . the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. 16 The gift is not like [that which came] through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment [arose] from one [transgression] resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift [arose] from many transgressions resulting in justification. 17 For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. 18 So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. 19 For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous. Romans 5:14-19 (NASB)
Salvation is not works based; it is faith based. There is absolutely nothing we can do to earn eternal life. It is a free gift from God for those who believe, Romans 6:23 below.
To be saved one must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that He died for our sins, according to the scriptures, was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures.
- And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. Acts 16:31 (KJV)
- But what does it say? “THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”–that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same [Lord] is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.” Romans 10:8-13 (NASB)
We are forgiven through the riches of God’s grace. We often repent of many things, but it is for naught if we are unsaved. We can repent 1000 times and it will do nothing while we are dead in our trespasses and sins. We need life.
- Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, according to the promise of life in Christ Jesus, 2 Timothy 1:1 (NASB)
- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (NASB).
God has promised, “For he says, “In a favorable time I listened to you, and in a day of salvation I have helped you.” Behold, now is the favorable time; behold, now is the day of salvation.” 2 Corinthians 6:2, (ESV).
If you haven’t yet, it’s time to come to Christ. Eternity is a long time.
If you will call upon Him now, and He will answer.
Exploring Scripture~because it matters-it really does!